COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Aura Luvr may collect and how we may use it:
• When you create an Aura Luvr Site (www.auraluvr.com) account, use or purchase a product or service, connect to our services, communicate with us, contact us, or participate in a survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, and credit card information.
• When you share your content using the Aura Luvr Site, send products or services, gift certificates, gift cards, or invite others to participate in Aura Luvr Services (which include the Aura Luvr Site), Aura Luvr may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Aura Luvr will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
• In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government-issued ID in limited circumstances or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Aura Luvr’s latest product and service announcements, information which may be of interest, updates, and events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out by updating your preferences.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and marketing, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
• We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Aura Luvr, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Aura Luvr’s products, services, and customer communications.
• If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or other promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your personal information when/where it is not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Aura Luvr Services, sent products, services, gift certificates, and gift cards to you, or invited you to participate in Aura Luvr Services. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an Aura Luvr Site account with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Aura Luvr Service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and marketing.
• We may collect and store details of how you use Aura Luvr Services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
If you want to disable cookies, check with your provider to find out how. Please note that certain features of the Aura Luvr Site will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Aura Luvr may use this information in our marketing.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Aura Luvr Site. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
At times Aura Luvr may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Aura Luvr to provide products and services, or that help Aura Luvr market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Aura Luvr to provide or improve our products, services and marketing; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Aura Luvr shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information and order processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products and services to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Aura Luvr to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Aura Luvr takes the security of your personal information very seriously. The Aura Luvr Site protects your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Aura Luvr, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Aura Luvr utilizes the Shopify platform which is certified Level 1 PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant. Shopify maintains a secure network, maintains a vulnerability management program, regularly monitors and tests networks, protects cardholder data, implements strong access control measures, and maintains an information security policy.
When you use some Aura Luvr products, services, or applications or post on a public or private forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a social network posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your account page. It is your responsibility to maintain your personal account information and keep it up to date.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Aura Luvr websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
OUR COMPANY-WIDE COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Aura Luvr employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Aura Luvr, 4712 Admiralty Way, Suite 935, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90292, USA